The month of September is widely known as Suicide Prevention Month
You are not alone!
Jesus, the Greatest Healer of All Time, told us in the Sermon on the Mount, "Do not worry about your life..." (Matthew 6:25–27)
Here are 7 Bible verses that can help bring hope, peace, and spiritual support to your heart
1. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” - Psalm 34:18
2. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
Written by the Apostle Peter, one of Jesus' inner circle, this verse carries deep weight. Peter was once called Simon before Jesus changed his name to Peter, meaning "Rock," declaring, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18). Though Peter denied Jesus three times, he was restored after the resurrection when Jesus asked him three times, "Do you love me?" and commanded him to "Feed my sheep." By the time Peter wrote this letter, he was in Rome following Jesus' ascension into heaven, where Christ had issued the Great Commission: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:19–20).
Anxiety is considered the most common mental health condition, affecting an estimated 5.8% of the global population—or roughly 470 million people—according to the World Health Organization. It is normal to feel anxious at times, especially when facing unfamiliar situations in a world full of surprises. What Peter is telling us is that we are to cast all our anxiety on God—not just some or a few—because no one loves and cares for us more than our Creator.
I surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus Christ when I was 31 years old. That was when I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. Although I was baptized Roman Catholic and grew up as a "Sunday Christian" going to church, I lacked a true connection or relationship with God. I remember waking up back then overwhelmed by anxiety, not knowing what to do. At times, I let anxiety overcome me as if it were something to fear or serve. While I still feel anxious from time to time—we live in an unpredictable world where everything changes—things are different now because I put the Lord first. As Jesus taught in the Sermon on the Mount: "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33).
I no longer let anxiety rule over me; I take authority over it through Christ. The God I serve is bigger than any fear—He is the Creator and the King of the Universe.
3. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
This letter was written by the prophet Jeremiah, sent from Jerusalem to the Jewish elders, priests, and prophets who had been forcibly deported to Babylon by King Nebuchadnezzar. Being captives in Babylon was actually part of God’s overall plan for a greater purpose—along with His promise that He would remain with them to give them hope and a future.
We often rely on this scripture for comfort when things do not go according to our own plans, leaning on God's sovereignty as Proverbs 19:21 reminds us: "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails." In fact, according to World Vision, Jeremiah 29:11 ranks among the most popular Bible verses in the world and serves as a primary go-to passage for anyone in need of comfort and strength.
This is the verse I turn to whenever I feel lost. Even after surrendering your life to Jesus Christ and prioritizing Him in everything, it doesn't mean you will never face uncertainty or lose your way again. Rather, it serves as a powerful assurance: whenever you return to the Lord, His plans for you are far greater than anything you could ever imagine. As 1 Corinthians 2:9 declares, "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived—the things God has prepared for those who love him."
4. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ - Galatians 6:2 (NIV)
The Apostle Paul wrote this letter to the churches in Galatia, a region predominantly populated by Gentiles rather than Jews. Paul’s instruction directly connects to what Jesus commanded during the Last Supper: "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34). As followers of Christ, we are called to model our daily lives after Jesus Christ, the Greatest Teacher of All Time.
In a modern world where greed and pride so often rule the land, we as followers of Christ should help one another. Thankfully, there are still good people carrying out the teachings of the greatest teacher of all time. We are in a unseen spiritual battle of good versus evil—a battle not visible to the naked eye, yet painfully evident in our daily lives. Life has been challenging ever since our first ancestors, Adam and Eve, were exiled from the Garden of Eden. Humanity fell into rebellion against God, but through Jesus Christ of Nazareth, there is always hope.
Whenever I am able, I strive to help other people—not only financially, but most importantly by sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ and the gift of salvation promised to all who believe and place their faith in Him. Using the gifts Jesus has given me, I was blessed enough to publish my book on Amazon, Jesus: The Greatest Healer of All Time. I wrote this book as my personal testimony of the healing I received from Jesus of Nazareth and to bring people closer to the Greatest Teacher of All Time.
5. "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)Scholars debate whether the Prophet Isaiah wrote this in Jerusalem prior to the Babylonian captivity in the 8th century BC or during the exile itself. Either way, as believers, we know that Isaiah addressed this message to the people of Israel so they would not be afraid or dismayed—because the God of Israel was with them, offering strength and upholding them with His righteous hand. This is one of the most frequently quoted verses in the Bible today, and for good reason. It provides the assurance we need when facing modern challenges whether in family, work, or our personal lives.
These situations can easily overwhelm us, but if we are anchored in Christ, we can stand firm. We will always face storms or unavoidable suffering in this life, but as "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).
This passage is one of my personal favorite verses in Scripture. It is where I turn whenever fear creeps in and I need the courage to keep going. I used to memorize this verse and post it on my wall where I could see it daily as a reminder of God's unbreakable promise: He will always be with me wherever I go.
Scholars debate whether the Prophet Isaiah wrote this in Jerusalem prior to the Babylonian captivity in the 8th century BC or during the exile itself. Either way, as believers, we know that Isaiah addressed this message to the people of Israel so they would not be afraid or dismayed—because the God of Israel was with them, offering strength and upholding them with His righteous hand. This is one of the most frequently quoted verses in the Bible today, and for good reason. It provides the assurance we need when facing modern challenges whether in family, work, or our personal lives.
These situations can easily overwhelm us, but if we are anchored in Christ, we can stand firm. We will always face storms or unavoidable suffering in this life, but as "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).
This passage is one of my personal favorite verses in Scripture. It is where I turn whenever fear creeps in and I need the courage to keep going. I used to memorize this verse and post it on my wall where I could see it daily as a reminder of God's unbreakable promise: He will always be with me wherever I go.
The psalmist wrote this passage after the remnant returned from the Babylonian exile, pointing to the God of Israel who heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. The Lord proved faithful to His chosen people, fulfilling His promise never to abandon them despite the deep trauma and suffering they endured at the hands of their captors.
We deeply need this verse every single day of our lives. In this broken world, there will inevitably be times when our hearts are shattered—whether from a broken promise by someone we trusted, a dream we waited for that failed to materialize, or giving everything we had toward a goal only to see it end in disappointment. We carry wounds and scars from these experiences. Yet, as the Prophet Isaiah reminds us, God's desire is "to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes" (Isaiah 61:3).
Even when we find ourselves in a cold season of life where nothing seems to make sense, God promises to bring beauty from our ashes and calls us to trust Him rather than lean on our own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).
When it comes to heartbreak, I have certainly had my share. I have placed my trust in people I thought were trustworthy, only to be let down a painful lesson echoing the psalmist's warning to put our trust in God rather than in man. Human beings are imperfect and fickle, but our Creator The Greatest Healer of All Time never changes. As Scripture declares, He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
7. “His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning.” - Lamentations 3:22–23 (ESV)
The prophet Jeremiah is traditionally recognized as the author of Lamentations, writing during the fall and destruction of Jerusalem following the siege by King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon in 586 BC. Yet amid national tragedy, Jeremiah recorded these words to provide enduring hope—reminding us that the King of the Universe will never abandon His people, that His mercy never runs dry, and that with every new sunrise comes fresh hope.
Today, as we hear of wars and rumors of wars around the globe, this verse serves as a powerful reminder for believers: in Christ, there is hope every single morning. Despite world chaos, we find a living, eternal hope through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:3).
Even as I write this, I am navigating deep personal struggles and trials that feel overwhelming. Yet, through my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, I know He allows these seasons not to punish us, but to test, refine, and prepare us for the greater purpose He has ahead. Just as David faced and defeated the lion and the bear before stepping up to face Goliath, God uses our current trials to build the strength we need for future victories.
Final Thoughts
Throughout this blog, we have explored seven Bible verses to help you when dealing with suicidal thoughts or when supporting someone facing mental health challenges. The ultimate message of this post is simple: you are not alone. Jesus, the Greatest Healer of All Time, is always waiting for you.
Sometimes, we feel like we have sinned too much or drifted too far from Him—and that is exactly what the enemy wants us to believe. The truth is that Jesus is always near; we are often just distracted by the noise of the broken world we live in. Find a quiet place to sit alone with Him—whether in a church, outdoors in nature, or anywhere you feel connected to the true, living God, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
God also sends people to serve as instruments of help in our times of need. Remember: suicide is never the answer—it is a permanent decision for a temporary problem, and everything in this world is temporary. As Jesus declared: "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). There are many questions in this life we may not have answers to until we are with Him. As Scripture reminds us, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5).
I personally experienced suicidal thoughts during the COVID-19 pandemic, a time when mental health struggles were at an all-time high globally. Yet, through that dark season, the Lord drew me into a deep, personal relationship with Him. That journey led me to write my first published book, Jesus: The Greatest Healer of All Time.
If you are going through a difficult season right now, my advice to you is this: this is not the end!
Do not listen to the enemy when he whispers lies and negative thoughts into your mind. Fix your eyes on the Lord Jesus Christ, who loves you deeply and holds a greater plan for your future. He will strengthen you, uphold you, and bring you through this season stronger than before.
Suicide Prevention & Crisis Resources
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, feeling unsafe, or facing an emotional crisis, please reach out for help. You do not have to face it alone.
🇵🇠Philippines
National Center for Mental Health (NCMH) Crisis Hotline — 24/7
- 1553
- 0917-899-8727
- 0966-351-4518
- 0908-639-2672
Emergency: 911
🇺🇸 United States
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline — 24/7
- Call or text: 988
- Online chat: 988 Lifeline — Get Help
The 988 Lifeline provides free, confidential crisis support by phone, text, and chat.
🇨🇦 Canada
9-8-8 Suicide Crisis Helpline — 24/7
- Call or text: 988
- Emergency: 911
- Government of Canada — Suicide Crisis Helpline
Canada's 9-8-8 service is available nationwide by phone and text, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
🇬🇧 United Kingdom & 🇮🇪 Ireland
Samaritans — 24/7
- Call: 116 123
- Samaritans
Samaritans offers free listening support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
🇦🇺 Australia
Lifeline — 24/7
- Call: 13 11 14
- Text: 0477 13 11 14
- Lifeline Australia — Crisis Support
Lifeline provides free, confidential crisis support by phone, text, and online chat.
🌎 Other Countries
If your country isn't listed above, use Find A Helpline to find a verified crisis or suicide-prevention service in your country:
Find A Helpline — International Crisis Resources
Find A Helpline maintains verified helpline information across 175+ countries and provides options for phone, text, and online chat where available.
%20(1).png)
@unboundfull%20(2).png)
@unboundfull%20(1)%20(1).png)
@unboundfull%20(1).png)
)%20(1).png)
)%20(1).png)
@unboundfull%20(1).png)
.png)
%20(2)%20(1).png)
%20(1)%20(1).png)







0 Comments